In 1903 the institute was established by the name of Women Pedagogic Courses in the city of Odessa. Later in the year 1921, the institute was reorganised into Chemical-Pharmaceutical Institute, then again in the year 1935 it was reformed to State Pharmaceutical Institute. These changes took place many times until the year 1964 when Medical Faculty was introduced in the institute.
Keeping in the view of regular progress and the institute becoming a member of top MBBS University in Ukraine, later in the year 1994 Government of Ukraine provided the university with the highest level of accreditation of Level IV University, and then the institute was finally renamed to Zaporozhye State Medical University. Many foreign students visit this MBBS University in Ukraine to take education in Medical and Pharmaceutical speciality courses.
University has its own Medical Clinic for more than 150 patients and a Polyclinic for around 250 consultations.
Zaporozyhye State Medical University focuses on using latest computer technologies for most of the scientific research and development. Latest computer systems are being used for providing education to the students and other management activities. More 1200 computers have been installed in over 40 computer halls fully equipped with latest multimedia software and academic curriculum. Internet access is available in all the sections of the campus with access to global researches, journals or any kind of information like latest developments, news etc. University has set up its servers for the internet to avoid any glitch in the system.
University has also established a distance learning centre with the name of “Centre of Telemedicine”. All correspondence courses are being imparted through this system between teaching staff and the students. More over all kinds of video conferencing for scientific conferences and meetings are being done in this distance learning centre.
Zaporozhye State Medical University has been constructed over the beautiful Dnieper river bank. University has 5 academic buildings will lecture halls, classrooms, library, computer hall, medical room etc. It is one of the most beautiful campus of MBBS University in Ukraine.
University has also constructed 5 hostels within the campus with all facilities. For extracurricular activities there is sports centre, stadium and courts also. Several canteens, cafes, and the dispensary has been established for students when needed. There is also an art club for students in which students take part in dancing, singing and playing musical instruments. The group from art club performs at all cultural and historical parties conducted at the university campus.
Internet facility is provided in hostels, library, and academic blocks round the clock for students and teachers. Students are allowed to use the service anytime and anywhere. Security of the campus including hostels are well taken care off by the security staff, the university has installed many CCTVs to monitor the security of the campus. The trained security personnel ensure total security of the campus.
There are more than 650 lecturers in the university to provide education to the students. University has employed more than 400 associate professors and PhDs and more than 100 doctors of sciences. Under these lecturers, more than 10000 students study different courses and medical specialities. More than 2000 foreign students reside in the campus to study various speciality courses for MBBS in Ukraine.
It is among foremost choice for MBBS Ukraine because of scientific schools of the university are well known in whole Europe. They have conducted more than 500 transplantation of kidney, liver, heart transplant etc.